Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Juicy Or Sour


Juicy or Sour

The weekend of the 17th- 18th April 2010 saw the London temperatures reach a lovely 21 degrees!!!! This rapid heat wave caused me to panic and think what to wear???? Confused and unsure I opted on Saturday to wear a summery dress but to add a bit of flavour to my life I put on my high heeled sandals and wait for it ……Socks, Yes I said it SOCKS- Michael Jackson’s trend lives on!!! On sunday as i was working on a Music video with the 1 & only  Natalie Leonna - I wore my Topshop Coral pink laced back top, with Topshop lycra leggings and paired with my knee length Dr Martin  black boots- Edgy but extremely sexy! Cant wait for the Funky Town video to be finished had so much fun on the 'Funky Town Bus' NB: You might see us in the video - The beat was so catchy and immense that i couldnt stop dancing lol

Now I got a mixed public reaction, 90% thought it looked amazing and very creative whilst the other 10% referred me to the local mental health institute. However I have never been one to follow Fashion but I really like this trend as it’s very playful. What do you think?

London Fashion Week
It was a key trend adorning the Catwalks during Fashion week Feb19th-24th 2010 which showcased Spring/Summer 2010. The trend was heavily featured in the Burberry Prorsum Collection. If you’re a Fashion enthusiast as I am… Have a walk down New Bond St, position yourself in front of Burberry and you will see the Visual Merchandisers have dressed the windows and ALL the Mannequins have on socks and heels. If you then turn 180o you will also see Hermes have the same trend theme in there window. 


So this is a EXCLUSIVE  just for my Choice Store family (www.choicestore.co.uk) I put together my own mini campaign called ‘Juicy or Sour’ influenced by Lemons visual interpretation of the look.






 I love this Juicy Couture summer dress, the lemons are cheeky and the style of dress will suit all figures. My advice is to pair it up with the oversized shopper and pair with the matching sock. The dress comes in two colour ways: White/Green/Yellow or Navy/White/Yellow!  Now this look is not for EVERYONE but I think this summer it’s important to be Playful with your clothing as FASHION HAS NO BOUNDARIES

This trend overlaps with another Key Trend: Sporty Inspired. 2010 is the year to open your mind and explore new looks Sporty Inspired clothing is a major thumbs up look. Will let you know more about that in the next blog post! – Don’t want to spoil your healthy appetite now do we??



Simone Karma Rae- Miss Fashion Know it all extraordinaire 

Mwah xx